With up to 8 axes of servo or stepping motor motion control, mounted in a single 19 inch 3U high enclosure, the Servostep derives comprehensive command of complex motion from the internal, complete, intelligent motion controller. A motion system is easily configured to a specific application, from 1 to 8 axes of brushed or brushless servo motor control, to 4 or 5 phase control of microstepping motors.
The internal Galil motion controller is pre-configured with servo or stepping motor drivers, to suit the specific application. Rear panel motor DSub connectors provide power and control out to the motors, whilst encoder DSub connectors accept limit switch, home datum switch and encoder signals from the system.
An input/output connector carries switched digital inputs and outputs to and from the controlled system. Analogue inputs are also available to monitor and control analogue process functions.
A universal power supply is included with an input range of 90 to 240 Volts, 50/60Hz.
Communication is via the external Ethernet 10Base-T port, or alternatively an external RS232 port can be utilised. An optional MotionLink multi-axis joystick unit can also be connected
- Jogging – any axes, at continuous selected speed
- Linear interpolation – any combination up to eight axes
- 2D Linear/circular interpolation – on any pair of selected axes
- Teaching – allows learning of an arbitrary trajectory with subsequent motion playback
- Gearing – up to eight axes may be electronically geared
- Cam – with a designated master axis, up to seven axes can perform complex cam functions
- High speed latching – accurate position reporting from a high speed switched input
- Encoder compare – high speed event triggering at specified trajectory points
- Communication Drivers – suitable for Windows, Linux and Labview
|9||N/C or Brake +|
|10||N/C or Brake –|
|1||Digital Input 1|
|2||Digital Input 2|
|3||Digital Input 3|
|4||Digital Input 4|
|5||Digital Output 1|
|6||Digital Output 2|
|7||Digital Output 3|
|8||Digital Output 4|
|13||Analogue Input 1|
|14||Analogue Input 2|
|15||Analogue Input 3|
|16||Analogue Input 4|
90-240 Volts @ 50/60 Hz
Operating Temperature: 0-70° C
Humidity: 20-95% RH, non-condensing
Construction: mild steel, powder coated exterior
Dimensions (mm, nominal) : 435w x 125h x 355d (excluding handles)
You can open or download this page as a PDF file.